Thursday, October 22, 2009

I Left My Heart in San Francisco

I apologize for the delay in posting, however, I have a good excuse. I just returned from my first west coast experience and my second half marathon. Ten of us gals ran in the Nike Women's Marathon in San Francisco. It was amazing!

UPI POY 2008 - News and Features

It also didn't hurt that hot fireman, dressed in tuxedos, were passing out Tiffany necklaces, on silver platters, at the finish line. Yes, you heard right. Hot fireman and a Tiffany's necklace! Ladies, it doesn't get any better than that.

Cropped view of butler holding silver tray

As for the rest of our trip, the weather and the company couldn't have been better; and the food was to die for!! We had vietnamese food at the Slanted Door, pasta at Pazzai's, clam chowder and beer at Boudin Sourdough, fresh crab at Fisherman's wharf, and sushi and sake at Ozumo's.

Speaking of Ozumo's, there was this ridiculously attractive man sitting just a few tables away. He was tall(gosh, was he tall), dark hair faux hawk, and unshavenly handsome(very Eric Dane-ish). That's funny...Dane-ish.

Anyway, he was fine! Fine as wine.

Eric Dane Shows Off His Natural Talent!

This man did have a shirt on however. What a shame...

I am positive he saw us all staring. And after a few sake, I'm pretty sure we were all shamelessly trying to flirt from afar. I forgot to mention, he was at the table with another guy and two girls. I guess some might refer to it as a double date, but whatever.

Vanessa and I assessed it must've been a first or second date, but then Robyn, a.k.a. buzz kill, was quick to point out that no girl would wear her hair in a french braid on a first date. Touché, Robyn, touché.

Toward the end of our evening, Tall, Dark, and Handsome made his way to the bathroom. Vanessa volunteered to stall him as he came out, but I have no idea what we were going to do with him once we had him. Hmmm. It probably worked out for the best that she panicked and he made it back to his table unscathed.

From Ozumo's we headed to the Beauty Bar. It's a hole in the wall bar, where on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday nights from 6-11 you can also get a manicure. Brilliant! Unfortunately, we weren't able to experience the mani's as it was Monday night, but the DJ was rockin' the Beatie Boys, and we all shook some tail feather.

"Body movin', body movin', with the A-1 sound sound so soothin'."

Overall, we had a fabulous time. I would do it all again. And if you're looking for eye candy, San Fran is the place!

And for you married gals(myself included), my dad and good ol' Uncle Dale always say, "It's alright to look at the menu, as long as you go home for dinner."

Bon appétit!

No comments:

Post a Comment