Monday, November 2, 2009

Things Ain't Like They Used To Be

The other night, my husband and I, took our boys to an Oklahoma City Thunder game. As we were walking, I noticed all these young, shiny people in hip designer clothes; and all I could think about was...that used to be us.

Couple crossing a street

Ok, so I wouldn't be wearing leather pants to any sporting event, but you're missing my point here people. It was like looking in a rear view mirror. For a brief moment, I let myself be jealous of their cool clothes and their ability to go out at a moment's notice without having to find a babysitter first.

Woman tied to chair in mess of packing peanuts with dog watching in living room

But then I jumped back into my reality and realized it was so much better.

Family indoors

We grabbed the kids, some peanuts and our seats. We danced, picked out our favorite Thunder girl (Yes, he's only five, but he is his father's son), cheered when our team made a basket, and yelled when it was time to "D-up!".

Kobe Bryant of the Los Angeles Lakers

Today's lesson is a simple one. Enjoy your life. The one you're living.

There's a great quote by Albert Einstein, written on a sticky note, I keep on my desk. It says, "There are only two ways to live your life: One, as though nothing is a miracle; the other, as though everything is a miracle."

Tourists Mingle with Famous Wax at Madame Tussaud''s

Which way are you headed?

No comments:

Post a Comment