Monday, November 30, 2009

I Thank You

Can you believe Thanksgiving has already come and gone?!?! It's like we didn't even have a November. I certainly hope that the time between here and Christmas doesn't move that quickly!

That being said, I love this time of the year because it reminds us to be thankful; and it makes us think about what's really important in life...like deviled eggs, turkey n' dressing, and grandma's homemade apple pie. Don't forget the ice cream!

Girl eating an apple pie

And now that we've stuffed ourselves silly, it's time to pull out the Christmas tree and the tinsel and crank up Jingle Bell Rock. So, as you're hanging up the Christmas stockings remember, "He sees you when you're sleeping. He knows when you're awake. He knows when you've been bad or good, so be good for goodness sake!"

Christmas tree, gifts, stocking and cards next to fireplace

Please remember to blow out all those candles before bedtime. We can't have Santa getting third degree burns on his buns, now can we?

portrait of Santa Claus saying ho-ho

Aye, chi-hua-hua!

And Santa, in case you're wondering...here's my list:

For my friend Reagan, Bradley Cooper.

"The Hangover" - Barcelona Premiere

I bet you thought this would be all about me....
For those of you who know me, I am a very giving individual.

Merry Christmas, Rea!

Don't you just want to unbutton his shirt? Muy caliente!

For my friend, Stephanie, Taylor Lautner.

The MTV Video Music Awards Take Over Radio City Music Hall!

I'm sorry...I'm dizzy...and speechless. ...where was I?

Aunt Sean would like Matthew McConaughey.

Matthew McConaughey uses a Kahuna Big Stick to paddle on his skateboard, then goes jogging on the beach

I think he's the reason she took up running...

Kendra would love Rob Lowe. And for that matter, so would I!

The Invention Of Lying Los Angeles Premiere

Seriously though, I always give thanks daily, but this time of year makes me pause...and think a little longer and a little harder, about all the blessings God has given me. For I am truly blessed.

I am so blessed to have such incredible family and friends; and all my needs are met. So please, enjoy all that comes with the holidays, but take time and remember the real reason for the season, Jesus Christ, because without him nothing would be possible. Amen!

2 comments:

  1. Amiga, you completely forgot about Mr. Jeter! :O We are thankful for him! Lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so right! How could I forget?!?!

    ReplyDelete