Monday, September 28, 2009

Love is a Battlefield

Is there anyone else out there who feel like parenting is a highly competitive, full body contact sport? I would compare it to MMA or boxing, especially if you have boys. Every day is a battle over who has control. I spent 30 minutes repeatedly putting my 2 year old in time out, because he would not apologize to his brother for hitting him in the face. He was crying, but yet, oh so obstinate that he would not say sorry. It was a battle of the wills you see, but there was one thing this child did not know or understand...I don't lose. (Man, I just sounded like my dad right there).

So, I say to my 2 year old, "You've got to ask yourself one question: "Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya punk?"

My husband says he won't give in. To which I respond, I've got all night.

It started like this...

Anthony Mundine v Crazy Kim: Weigh In


And in the end, it was I, who was victorious! He apologized and gave his brother a hug. It was beautiful!

I tried very hard, not to be so, "Ya, in your face!"

UPI POY 2008 - The Beijing Olympics.


But c'mon! ...it's so hard to be humble.

P.S. I wish I had Misty May's body. I mean, check out those abs! And those thighs, "Solid. ...solid as a rock!" But that is neither here nor there.

Seriously though, it's these small lessons learned that make your kids "bigger" people in the long run. You've just got to be strong enough to come out on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment